Thursday 8 September 2016

On The Box This Week

Warning-TV Spoilers Ahead!

Life has been so hectic lately that I have been watching good TV but not had the time to blog about it! So Poldark is back on our screens Sunday nights, after a slightly longer wait then normal. The BBC decided to put it on the same time as ITV's Victoria so I have to watch one and SKY Plus the other!
For a season opener it was quite lacklustre in my opinion, this episode was all about Ross's up coming trial after been framed for murder. There can't really be much suspense about his fate as this is the first of a ten part series! I think this season will be about how the trial effects him and his family as his cousin Francis is still reeling after his gambling debts left him in ruin last season. He still seems to be on a path of self destruction as the episode ended with him holding a gun to his head.
I am looking forward to seeing how the trial unfolds and if Aidan Turner wants to get his top off a little more that would also be welcomed!

Episode three of this series was also shown on Sunday I chose to SKY Plus this due to the amount of ad breaks! I am really enjoying this but one flaw I find with this is the over dramatic storyline of Victoria and Lord Melbourne. Victoria's actual life is so full of exciting stories that to be there is no need to add this mostly fictional romance. In reality Lord M wasn't half as good looking, fatter and going bald! Some scenes of Victoria pinning for her dear Lord M are quite cringe worthy, but then she is only 18 with no really male role models. I do like how the love seems to be one sided and in this episode young Victoria relaises that been Queen must come before everything and everyone.
I am glad that this storyline is coming to an end as in the closing scenes we saw Prince Albert stroll into Victoria's life.

This week in the tent it was bread week so Paul had his claws out! My favourites are still quirky Val but I do think she is holding on by the skin of her teeth. She should of went home this week instead or young Michael his bakes where bad but nothing as bad as Val raw dough elephant of Candice's collapsed brioche! My other favourites are Selasi, Andrew and Benjamina it will fun to see how they get on next week for the first ever batter week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment Paul & I really appreciate them.

You can also get in touch with us at mrslfurey101@gmail.com

Thanks The Furey Follies

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com