Tuesday 14 April 2015

Jersey Boys at The Bord Gais Energy Theatre


Last Bank Holiday Monday myself and my Dad
had a Father Daughter day out as an early birthday treat
for my Dad's Birthday.
We went into Dublin city centre to have a meal
a couple of glasses of wine (Guinness in my Dad's case)
and stroll up the docks to the Bord Gais Theatre
to see Jersey Boys

My Dad is a big fan of Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
I think it brings him back to the 60's when he was a
Teddy Boy in London!
I had heard of this musical before and couldn't get tickets back in 2011
when I was in New York

The story of The Four Seasons is a little darker than I thought
with the lads skirting in and out of prison, 
cutting there their teeth for ten years before they get there big break
but when the hits started the didn't stop!
Songs like Sherry, Big Girls Don't Cry, Walk Like A Man
and Who Loves You, made us dance in our seats!
It was interesting to see how there Jersey roots never really left them
from guitarist Tommy DeVito running up debts so bad the Mafia got involved
and Frankie's first marriage break up due to pressure of being on the road
and never at home


The cast where amazing the four cast members terrific
I would of liked a little more of the early hits
The first half seemed to have not enough time for each song
while the second half seem to half alot less songs
We really enjoy it!
It's a week later
and The Four Seasons songs are still humming in my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment Paul & I really appreciate them.

You can also get in touch with us at mrslfurey101@gmail.com

Thanks The Furey Follies

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com