Tuesday 2 December 2014

Celebration of Light Console Concert





On Sunday evening I was once again invited to Console's annual concert
for family and friends who have lost loved ones through suicide
My lovely manager in work always manages to get me tickets
It was my second year to attend and it means so much to me
This year my Mam came with me I could tell she was unsure
at first what to expect, but by the end I could see a weight had been
lifted from her shoulders



The setting for this concert is the stunning grounds of
St Patrick's Church in Maynooth College
The grounds are just stunning which make this concert
even more special



I took a few pictures before the concert
started
It was a beautiful evening of
music, song and poems
Every year there is a theme
this year's theme was
Love
There was beautiful singers
who sang beautiful words of love
Declan O' Rourke sang his well know
song Galilieo, Rebecca Storm sang Tell Me It's Not True
Niamh Kavangah sang In My life
and author Christy Kenneally
speaker on the night said
sad and true words


To watch my Mam be able to grieve
in the comfort of those around her
knowing we where all there for
the same reasons as her
was a wonderful thing
So thankful to Console
for that it's
one of the best Christmas presents
I could as for

Remember Suicide it not
the answer there is always
light at the end of the tunnel
please talk

Console 1800 247 247
Beacon Of Light 01 457 8700

1 comment:

Thanks for the comment Paul & I really appreciate them.

You can also get in touch with us at mrslfurey101@gmail.com

Thanks The Furey Follies

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com