Friday 5 October 2012

Mammy Furey's Roast Pork Recipe

Here is my Mammy in-law lovely recipe for roast pork. To be honest pork was never my favourite roast as I always found it quite chewy and dry. One Sunday lunch in my lovely in-laws changed all this the pork was melt in your mouth with amazing crackling it was delicious. So of course I asked my Mammy In-law for the recipe I made a few little changes so here is Mammy In-law and daughter in-law Furey recipe for amazing slow cooked tender pork with the best cracking ever!!
 
 
First get you ingredients ready..


1 Large onion (or two medium onions), butter, dried parsley, dried mixed herbs, salt & pepper and minced garlic you can of course use fresh garlic but I just find it handier to use a jar of minced garlic


A nice good quality piece of pork make sure there is a nice bit of fat on it for the crackling


Quarter a onion.


Sit the piece of pork on the onions


Make a paste with butter, parsley, mixed herbs, salt, pepper and garlic and spread it into the pork


Make sure the pork is covered with the paste then, place in a over tin cover with tin foil and put in the oven for 2hours at gas mark 5/6 or 150c.

At the half way point take the pork out and baste in the juices it should look something like this
yummy!!

After two hours take the tin foil off take and put back in the oven for 40 mins for yummy crackling


Ready for carving the onions should be soft now I now take these and chop them up and put them into the gravy for a lovely rich onion gravy


The finish result served with onion gravy, roast potatoes, leeks and a nice glass of red wine.


Our plates after dinner!!!

Hope you enjoy and have fun making it let me know what you think. Bone Appetit!






 
.
 


2 comments:

  1. Oh wow!
    That look's beautiful!
    It's making my mouth water just looking at the pictures, i shall have to try this sometime.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it....its tastes lovely if I do say so myself!! Take care x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment Paul & I really appreciate them.

You can also get in touch with us at mrslfurey101@gmail.com

Thanks The Furey Follies

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com