Tuesday 23 October 2012

My Top TV Shows At The Moment

I find that with the dark nights coming in and the winter settling in I often watch more TV than in the summer. Here are a few of my favourite shows to snuggling up on the sofa to watch with a cup of hot chocolate!

The Paradise
 I am enjoying this BBC One show. It is an adaptation of the novel Au Bonheur des Dames by Émile Zola. It tells the story of the fictional first Department Store of 1800's called The Paradise. A young country girl Denise (Joanna Vanderham) starts work as a ladies wear sales girl she is soon caught up in the ideas and charm of The Paradise and also with its owner the dark and mysterious Mr Moray. It also has a wonderful cast including Sarah Lancashire, Emun Elliott, and Olivia Hallinan. If you like Downton Abbey or Upstairs Downstairs you should give this a look.



Mike & Molly
I love this sitcom of a couple who met at an Over eaters Anonymous group and we see the up and downs of there relationship. The third series has started on Comedy Central UK and it takes off just as the couple get back from there honeymoon in Paris. The supporting cast are brilliant from Molly's wine drinking Mother Joyce, her pot smoking sister Victoria, Mike's smart mouth police partner Carl and Mike's sarcastic mother Peggy. It does often have the hubby and me laughing out loud!


The Great British Bake Off
I have never watched this show until this series. I think it was the different people that appealed to me this year when I decided to give it a go! Then of course the wonderful baking started and I just fell in love with this show! From crispbreads, petits fours, tortes and of course the show stoppers I was baking along, not very good but I was trying! The show is over now but we still have Mary and Paul's master classes on BBC Two to show us how its meant to be done. Oh My Giddy Aunt I can't wait!!



Father Ted
I am loving watching all the re-runs of this wonderfully funny Irish TV show! Father Ted Crilly and Craggy Island with it population of weird and funny characters! Father Jack..drink, drink drink! Father Dougal...real far away! Mrs Doyle..tea father?! Its such a funny show and it never get old no matter how much I watch it! More 4 show regular re-runs. My favourite episode is either the Christmas episode or Kicking Bishop Brennan up the Arse episode. Now go watch it go on, go on, go on, GO ON!!!



Once Upon A Time
This show is on Irish channel RTE One on Saturday or on Channel Five in the UK. Its an American ABC show it is a fantasy drama from the same people who brought us Lost. It takes place in the small town of Storybrooke the residents are actually characters from fairy tales that have been transported to the "real" world by an evil curse by a wicked witch. The only one who can break the curse is Emma who left the fairytale world before the curse was make thus making her the only person break the curse and restore everyone's memories. I am really enjoying this fun and light heart show.



The Big Big Theory
I am waiting for the next series for this to start on E4. This a really good funny show about four science geeks Leonard, Sheldon, Rajesh, Howard and there hot neighbour Penny. As the series have gone on we have met other characters such as Sheldon's girlfriend Amy, Howard's now wife Bernadette and have dealt with Penny and Leonard's on off relationship. I love this show and it always, always cheers me up after a bad day. Can't wait for series six to start showing on E4.


Downton Abbey
One of my favourite shows ever!! I have watched this from the very first episode way back in 2010! I love it! Set in the fictional Yorkshire estate of the amazing Downton Abbey it depicts the lives of the first class family the Crawleys and the servants who run Downton Abbey. From the lowly kitchen maid Daisy to master of the house Earl Robert Crawley. It has covered allot of events in its three series from the sinking of the Titanic, the first world war, Spanish flu and recently the civil unrest in Ireland. The first series for me was amazing the second was lacking but it back on form for this its third series. I can't wait for 9pm Sunday nights!

This is my list of favourite TV shows. What do you think of them and what are your favourite TV shows?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment Paul & I really appreciate them.

You can also get in touch with us at mrslfurey101@gmail.com

Thanks The Furey Follies

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com