Monday 1 October 2012

Remembering My Brother Patrick.....



Its my brother Patrick's six year anniversary on 2nd October here is a poem I wrote a few years about my brother Patrick.

Sometimes late at night,
When I just can't sleep
Into your room I creep
Wishing that you will be there 
But I know its not in your bed you sleep
I sit on your bed
Wishing I knew what had gone on in your head
I close my eyes and see your face
We will meet again another time and place

Remembering the fun times we shared
I hope you knew how much I cared
You were a clown when I was down
The bestest friend to have around
I never got to say goodbye
And that's the thing that makes me cry
You were the greatest friend I ever had
To be your sister makes me so glad

As I look around your room
Memories come flooding back to me
Of the young and happy children we used to be
Even though we are apart you will be forever in my heart
Because my little brother you meant the world to me



 Six years later I still miss him ever day. I think of what he would be doing now, would he be married or have children or living abroad somewhere. I miss his smile, his jokes, our little talks, watching TV together, going out with friends together, and I miss they way he knew me and knew how to get me out of a bad mood or calm me down if I was getting stressed out. I miss how Paul, me and Patrick would take on the world together. I miss our friendship I miss my little brother. 


This song is how I feel at the moment Angel by Sarah Brightman. That's what I think Patrick is for his family and friends he is our angel. Sometimes I get the feeling he is with me when I need strength for something I feel he is with me. I miss him still so much but I know he is with me and I have the most wonderful memories of him.

RIP my wonderful brother Patrick....

Remember Suicide is not the answer please talk to someone if your down or depressed.


1 comment:

  1. What a lovely post! You can see how much your brother means to you and your poem is amazing too.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment Paul & I really appreciate them.

You can also get in touch with us at mrslfurey101@gmail.com

Thanks The Furey Follies

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com