Wednesday 20 April 2016

The Honeycomb Cafe - Review

Last Friday Paul and I went out for breakfast before an afternoon of doctor appointments for me!
All my friends have told me great things about the Honeycomb Cafe in Clondalkin and I was waiting for a chance to go there myself! When I got there from the outside I wasn't sure if it was going to be just another greasy spoon. I pleasantly surprised when we entered the cafe, it was just my cup of tea! I loved all the country style mismatch decor 
I loved the old fashioned bits and pieces, an old radio, candles and I fell in love with the antique writing table! The minute we walked in I felt relaxed and it felt so cosy. The staff are very friendly, we where the first customers of the day but the place began to fill up quickly. So I was glad I took my photos before the place got too busy!

I ordered the pancakes, bacon and eggs option with a large cappuccino 
The pancakes where the fuffyest pancakes I have ever eaten and I have had pancakes in America but they didn't come close to these!
Hubby had the Honeycomb big breakfast compete with homemade relish and fried onions
with toast and a huge pot of tea for one! Hubby enjoys his tea so was happy with his big mug as his pet hate is tiny tea cups!

I loved the mismatch feel with the plates, tea cups and tea/coffee pots
There is actually a tiny selection of things to buy and I have my eye on a coffee pot and milk bottle for next time we go I will be buying! The staff are very friendly and happy to recommend from the menu, service with a smile! 
This is a beautiful hidden gem and a place you don't want to rush out of, I really wanted to stay have another coffee and try the amazing range of cakes on offer but time was against us as I had doctors appointments. I had to make do with a take away latte!
We enjoyed our breakfast we will be going back this weekend to enjoy another yummy breakfast from there amazing menu.
I will definitely be bringing my friends here too. My pregnant friend and I where looking for somewhere for lunch and I can see this cafe becoming a regular spot for us as its also a very family friendly place  She will enjoy some TLC and guilt free cake! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment Paul & I really appreciate them.

You can also get in touch with us at mrslfurey101@gmail.com

Thanks The Furey Follies

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com