Friday 5 August 2016

Weekly Favourites

This week has been a quiet one, haven't done much reading or watched much TV
but have been reading and chilling out after a wonderful long weekend!

Book
Letters to the Lost~Iona Grey
I actually read this book last week and you can read my review of the book here.....
It was one of those book where you can get of a book hangover after and it takes a while
to pick up another book as the story and characters are still in your head.
I have read another book after this but my mind keeps going back to the beautiful love story that was in this book.

Blog
I have been following Sadie's blogs since before I started blogging myself
and I love her daily posts, of life, crafting and family
She blogs because she wants to not for followers or sponsor companys
and I love that! Her blog feels natural because of that, more of a diary of sorts, her
posts can be short, just about whats on her mind.
She is one of the most honest and real bloggers out there and I love her blog.

Movie
Terminator Genisys
Hubby asked me to watch this with him 
It was a Bank Holiday on Monday here in Ireland
So I finally agreed to give it a ago.
I really like the first two Terminator movies so I wasn't sure if I would like this remake
It was okay! I didn't like some of the changes and it feels much more family friendly!
That said I like it for what it was and that is a popcorn movie
Fine to pass a couple of hours with a glass of wine and some chocolate!

Instagram
I really love Aimee's account of turning her house into a very beautiful home
Fab pictures of renovations, pretty decor and I love her various prints around her home
I am getting lots of tips from her account for redecorating our bedroom!!

Album
Director's Cut~Kate Bush
Kate brought out this album in 2011 after an absence of since 2005
It is a reworking of some of her songs from the early 90's in which she wan't happy with.
Some of Kate's 90's songs can sound a bit dated which she was unhappy with, some
of the songs sound slightly different some get a note by note remake.
What Kate has done is stripped away each of these songs and basically took away much of the 80's sound. Some of the songs I prefer but some I do not! I really love the reworking of Lily, Never Be Mine and And So Is Love but I just don't like the reworkings of This Women's Work and Rubber Band Girl.
It's not my favourite of Kate's albums but I do love the slightly crazy artwork and the change in her voice it sound much more mature and adds to sound of the songs.

Day
My Sister In Law's Wedding Day
I can't do this post and not mention the beautiful day we had
last Saturday at my sister in law's wedding day
I was a beautiful day and the Bride looked stunning

Vlogger
Melanie Murphy
I am really enjoying this Irish gal's vlogs
She covers everything but I really enjoy her what I ate Friday's
I get great ideas for eating healthy from this vlogs
I also love her monthly favourites,
most of which is what I have been also been loving!

Store
Most definitely this online store again! Where I bought my dress for the family wedding
I attend last weekend. I felt a million dollars in it! I got the most amazing complaints all day and when my friends saw the pictures from the day.
The store is also having a sale at the moment and I might have bought a few things online
yesterday!!
So that's my favourites for this week
Now someone pass the prosecco it's finally FRIDAY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment Paul & I really appreciate them.

You can also get in touch with us at mrslfurey101@gmail.com

Thanks The Furey Follies

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com