Sunday 14 August 2016

Weekly Favourites

This post is late this week as I seem to have lost a bit of my blogging motivation!
I will still be posting in the month August but will be taking a break from my
meal plans and on the box posts, as I am taking a break from meal planing and Slimming World at the moment due to illness. We are also not watching much TV at the moment due to the Olympics and most of our favourite shows finished up until the autumn but a few good show will be starting back soon like Poldark, Bakeoff and the new ITV show Victoria which I will be watching and review in September!

Book
Time To Say Goodbye~SD Robertson
Bitter Sweet~Miranda Beverly Whittemore
I have been really enjoying reading this month
with not watching much TV I have spent most of my time reading!
Two books I read this week I really enjoyed the first was called Time to Say Goodbye
This book started off really strong and pulled on my heart strings but as the book went on I think it lost some of the joy that made it good to read. I have mixed feeling about this one and will be fully explaining my feelings in my monthly book review at the end of the month.
The other book I read this week was Bitter Sweet which I loved the book took a totally different turn and was a really good and enjoyable read, a book that stays with you after reading.

Blog
As well as doing lots of reading I have been enjoying blogs about books and reading!
This blog called Comfy Reading I really like. I enjoy Kerrie's honest reviews and sometimes
takes me out of my comfort zone when thinking of books to read.

Movie
Creed
I enjoyed watching this movie the other night with the hubby
It was his pick AGAIN but I don't mind watching no brainer movies after a long day!
This moves the Rocky movies into modern day with Sly handing the legacy over to deceased his
friend Apollo son Donnie. Rocky trains him, while also fighting cancer and the fight scene at the end of the movie set in Liverpool is worth watching the movie alone for! 

Instagram
I love this beautiful account with pretty cottage life pictures
Beautiful pictures of nature, food, animals, scenery and homelife

Album
Hounds of Love~Kate Bush
I have two favourite albums ever one is Rumours by Fleetwood Mac
The other is this album Hounds of Love by Kate Bush, it's been a while since I have listened
to completely. I have been listening to a radio station called Magic and they have been playing alot of Kate which sparked me to dig out this album and listen to it fully. I love the first few songs Cloudbusting, Running Up That Hill and Hounds of Love are fantastic songs, but for me when The Ninth Waves starts the hairs on my arms stand up! 
Jig of Life, Hello Earth and The Morning Fog are my favourites from The Ninth Wave collection but I love almost everything from this album! 

Make-Up Product
Catrice Prime & Fine Primer 
Normally No7 or Estee Lauder are my go to make up and skin care
but I am on a bit of a budget this month so thought I would try this brand
To be honest I wasn't expecting much I am normally not a big fan of low cost make up
Wow was I surprised! This primer is amazing! I found this light to the touch and doesn't cling to my face as other primers can. It took the redness from my face and doesn't feel cakey as some primers can and most importantly it doesn't break me out which often happens with my sensitive skin. A bargain for four euro!
I have also been using there Even Skin Tone Fountain I found this okay, not something I will be changing my normal fountain for but it is good for every day use. I use 010 Vanilla but that might be a bit too light for me! The coverage is medium okay for every day use but nothing compered to my favourite Estee Lauder Double Wear! For the price of seven euro it is another bargain!

Vlogger
ViennaWaitsBooks
I really love this Booktube channel, from Kristyn we have the same taste in most books
Her reviews and thoughts are so honest that I would read books that she reviews even if there
outside my comfort zone! I have actually bought The Crimson Petal and the White because of her review alone! 
Store
ASOS
We have another wedding coming up in September so I quickly got online
and found a beautiful dress on this great website which I love!!

So that's my favourites for this week
Now someone pass the prosecco it's finally THE WEEKEND

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment Paul & I really appreciate them.

You can also get in touch with us at mrslfurey101@gmail.com

Thanks The Furey Follies

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com