Friday 26 August 2016

Weekly Favourites

This week has a bit of everything, bit of Summer, bit of Autumn,
bit of Stevie Nicks, bit of Outlander, bit of Jamie Fraser,
bit of wine and a bit of beer!

Book
Finding Fraser~KC Dyer
I love anything Outlander related so when I found out there was a novel
about a women on a quest to find her own Jamie Fraser! I knew I just has to read it!
I am only quarter of the way through and it has already had me in giggles!
So far Emma has encountered a tanned Jamie stripper, been robbed by an Irish chancer, and basely robbed an airline!
I can't wait to read what happens next!

Blog
Charlotte's blog is actually one blog that I have been following since I started blogging!
I love following her Mum advice, hauls, recipes and her journey as she became a Mum
for a second time to her daughter Daisy. She has had a rough time of it lately and sometimes I just want to giver her a virtual hug! 
Her vlog channel is also very good and I love her weekend style vlogs 
I will definitely be featuring her vlog channel here again

Movie
La Belle Et La Bete
I rediscovered this beautiful old 1946 movie while having a clean out the other day!
I have it on an old VHS tape so I hooked up the video player and then got lost in this
stunning black and white movie! I first saw it at the age of 16 after I heard Stevie Nicks wrote a
song after seeing this movie. I found a copy on ebay and after I watched it I knew why Nicks had to write a song after watching it!
This French subtitled black and white old movie took my breath away! Josette Day is brilliant as the slightly aloof Belle but for me Jean Marias steals the movie as not just the Beast/Prince but he also plays Avent (this movies version of Gaston from the Disney movie) I love the twist that he plays both Belle's suitors. The stunning filming tricks such as the arm of candelabra's have been used in different movies as homage to this movie. Written and directed by Jean Cocteau who in my opinion was a legend

Instagram
This account follows Gemma and her hand crafted small business 
but also her life as a mum, wife and gin drinker!

Album
In Your Dreams~Stevie Nicks
This is my favourite solo album from Stevie since her first album Bella Donna
For me it's classic Stevie and takes her back to her roots. It's romantic soft rock at its best, I think working with Dave Stewart has added a dept to her music. These two know what works for Stevie and I love every single song on this album. It has a kind of Gothic feel to it, with Stevie referencing Anne Rice in the song New Orleans, Mr Rochester in Wide Sargasso Sea, Twilight in Moonlight, Edgar Allan Poe in Annabelle Lee and true love in Italian Summer. She also sings about her love affairs in the songs on this album Mick Fleetwood in Secret Love, and of course Lindsey Buckingham in Everybody Loves You and You May Be The One.

Drink

Castellore Pinot Grigio~ Aldi 6.50
I really enjoy a nice Pinot Grigio and this is my favourite from Aldi
This Italian wine has a fresh citrus taste to it, it's a lovely dry crisp wine
I love to drink it with seafood or pasta
Schofferhofer~Aldi 1.80
Hubby has been loving this German light wheat beer from Aldi
It keeps it's frothy head for the whole glass 
For such a cheap beer it has a great quality

Vlogger
PeruseProject
I love Regan's booktub channel! She comes across as a person who really does loves to read.
While I don't read alot of the genre she does, she is mostly into fantasy and YA. While I do like some fantasy I am more of an adult fiction reader.
That being said I still love watching her reviews of all different book, her unboxings and book hauls. I have actually bought a book called Queen of the Night due to one of her book hauls and can't wait to read it!

Store
To be honest I had never bought anything from this online store
before but I have another wedding coming up in September
and was looking for a new maxi dress and they have some
really reasonable ones but so pretty too!

So that's my favourites for this week
Now someone pass the prosecco it's finally FRIDAY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment Paul & I really appreciate them.

You can also get in touch with us at mrslfurey101@gmail.com

Thanks The Furey Follies

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com