Tuesday 25 September 2012

I Even Love The Smell Of Books!


“I even love the smell of books.” - Adriana Trigiani

Fifty Shades Darker by EL James - So here we go with the second book in the Fifty Shades trilogy you can read my review of Fifty Shades Of Grey here is the storyline in a nutshell! Ana Steele has met and fallen for the super rich sexy but slightly emotionally disturbed Christian Grey. Its five days (yes only five days!) since Anna left Christian after she realised that she couldn't give him what he needs (mainly in his red room of pain) but she is in bits and she soon finds herself drawn back to Mr Grey like a moth to a flame. Ana soon settles into her new job at a publishing house she loves her job even with a creepy new boss we all know where this is heading! Ana tries to help Christian with dark past and to try deal with his "playroom" I can't help thinking if he wasn't so hot would Ana still be with Mr Grey? The storyline moves a really quick throw in a crazy ex sub who calls Christian "master", a pissed off ex boss and allot of run ins with the woman who helped make Christian what he is today. Oh and of course they "do it" almost every where in this book!
I found the first half of this book boring and just more of the same as the first book. Ana's pining for Christian   was so annoying. I really didn't like that its was only five days since she left him I was hoping for a least a month and to see how they where dealing without each other. I didn't really like the whole time line of both books I mean in six weeks, they have met each other, do some mad stuff together, met the parents, moved in together, Ana has got a new job, and fought off crazy mad ex's!! 
Still not sure on why women are crazy about Mr Grey. He still comes across as a control freak I mean Ana goes on holiday to see her Mother and he follows her stalker alert!!!He tells her when and what to eat, what to wear and fights with her about having a job!! If this was real life I think the police would be called!! But he is hot and loaded so I guess it's okay! Don't get me wrong I really like these books for what they are and that is fluff!! The writing is a little better in the second part of the book and I do think the title is a little misleading there is nothing darker really about this book well not in the bed room anyway! So on to the third and final book in the trilogy review to follow!


What did you think of the second book in the Fifty trilogy?

2 comments:

  1. Still only read the first few chapters of the second book so far it's good, it's starting to get a little repetitive though.
    Hope your well :)
    Vanessa
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does get a little repetitve but it is my gulity pleasure!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment Paul & I really appreciate them.

You can also get in touch with us at mrslfurey101@gmail.com

Thanks The Furey Follies

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com