Saturday 16 July 2016

Weekly Favourites

I have been love everything and anything Outlander related this week
after that amazing season two finale!

Book
Outlander Colouring Book
I have been loving all things Outlander-ish this week!
I think I am trying to fill the sad void that the show has left!
I finished the third book in the series last week and now the TV show has finished it's second season
I dug out my Outlander colouring book that hubby got me for Christmas and have enjoyed
a few relaxing moments with this book

TV Show
Outlander
Of course it's Outlander what an amazing ending to season two
I loved it!
I am not sure why but this show and the book series just strikes something in me
and I feel like it's just "my show" 
 I will go into more details in my On The Box TV review on Wednesday
But wow this didn't disappoint the feels and tears had me heartbroken
It's going to be a long Droughtlander for me!

Blog
I have been following this blog for a long time and can really relate
to Victoria's battle with chronic fatigue and pain.
I love her life updates and watch her two pugs who are now old ladies! 

Movie
Angry Birds
We brought Oisìn to see this last week I didn't expect much
but this was really funny! Oisìn really enjoyed it and it kept his attention for the
whole time! 

Instagram
This is a beautiful account with beautiful well shot pictures
of home, holidays, family and life

Album
Bella Donna~Stevie Nicks
I am still loving re-discovering the solo albums of Stevie Nicks
Being honest I don't think I have listened to Stevie's albums since I was pregnant
which was three years ago! I am currently loving listening to all the beautiful songs
which mean so much to me
This week I am really loving Stevie's first solo album called Bella Donna
In a break between albums with Fleetwood Mac Stevie called in lots of friends to quickly recorded this album. Songs from this album have gone on to become classics, Stop Dragging My Heart Around (with Tom Petty) Edge of Seventeen (which was later sampled by Density's Child) and Leather & Lace (with Don Henley) are all well known and of course I love them
But my favourites are Kind of Woman a song she wrote about Lindsey Buckingham in which she let herself worry about him on the road and the temptations that fall in his path.
The Highway Man is another favourite of mine from this album. I think Stevie said this was about the great rock singers and guitarists that she has worked with. I also think its about Lindsey Buckingham who she saw as an amazing musician but also someone she couldn't keep up with.
The lyrics, the music and the harmonies between Stevie and Don Henley all make this song so beautiful.

Drink
Belletti Prosecco~Aldi 8.99
There are a few things that I can be a bit of a snob about
Wine, Chocolate, Coffee and Prosecco I like good quality with these!
When I saw these prosecco in Aldi for the price of 8.99 I went back and forth for a couple weeks before I bought it. Wow I was surprised it is once of the nicest prosecco I have drunk!
It's how I like my prosecco dry with hints of apple and pear..... Delicious

Vlogger
Bits & Clips
I love Marie Bits & Clips and she is my go to when I want to smile
She doesn't have a set upload so when I see she has put up a new video
I immediately watch it! She has been flogging her way through Vid Con lately
and it has been totally refreshing to see it through the eyes of a down to earth person

Store
Penneys/Primark
For some reason Primark is called Penneys here in Ireland
Being honest I haven't been in this store in a long while 
but we need to pick up bits and bobs for a family wedding we are going
to later in the month and I forgot how good value for money this store is!!
They also have some beautiful home ware items too, with our bedroom getting
a revamp soon I will be picking up things from here soon!

So that's my favourites for this week
Now someone pass the prosecco it's finally THE WEEKEND!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment Paul & I really appreciate them.

You can also get in touch with us at mrslfurey101@gmail.com

Thanks The Furey Follies

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com