Friday 22 July 2016

Weekly Favourites

This week was all about keeping cool, dehydrated, smelling good, listening and watching some classic 80's and reading!

Book
The Sacred River~Wendy Wallace
I actually finished reading this book at the start of the week
but I really enjoyed this story of Victorian England and Acient Egypt
It wasn't what I was expecting but I enjoyed it and it has stayed in my mind

Perfume
Darling~Kylie Minogue
This a bottle of perfume I picked up in the January sales
I use it for every day wear, it was quite cheap 15.99 for a 50ml bottle
I have got alot of compliments when wearing this scent, the floral hints as well as the hint of vanilla make it a lovely scent to wear every day.

Blog
I really enjoy Claire's blog and vlog
She blogs about different things like meal plans, summer plans, reviews and outfit of the day

Movie
The Lost Boys
If I didn't think I was born in the wrong era due to my music choices
my favourite movies also seem to point to that!
I love The Lost Boys it such a good, fun cheese fest!
On Tuesday it was the hottest day of the year here in Dublin. 
Hubby was off work early so from 3pm onwards it felt like it was the weekend in our house. 
Paddling pool was out,
radio turned up (I was playing the soundtrack off this movie) and the BBQ was lit!
Later when Oisìn was in bed we poured a drink.....beer for hubby, gin and lemon for me
and we watched this film!
This movie is such fun, the funny two Corey's who are in almost every 1980's movie, beautiful Jami Gertz as Star who dresses like Stevie Nicks, sexy Jason Patric as Michael who has his name said over 100 times over the course of the movie, and of course sexy, dangerous Kiefer Sutherland as vampire David
It's very 80's, it has an awesome soundtrack, it's cheesy and I love it!! 

Instagram
I really enjoy this insta account with beautiful pictures
filled with Cathy Kidston, flowers, tea and cake!

Album
The Lost Boys Soundtrack
Following on from my favourite movie this week
It's of course the accompanying soundtrack from The Lost Boys
This album is full of 80's treats from a fun cover of People are Strange by Echo & The Bunnymen,
and a awesome haunting cover of Don't let the Sun go Down on Me by Roger Daltery
It also has some great songs from INXS and a 80's killer song called I Still Believe by Tim Cappello who makes an appearance in the movie.
My favourite tracks on the soundtrack are the main two theme songs of the movie
Cry Little Sister by Gerard McMann which features a haunting choir of children and an organ solo
the 2000's remixes of this song are also very good but my favourite remix is the bluesy, bluegrass re-recording for the show True Blood check it out here.....
The other song I really love on the soundtrack is Lost In The Shadows by Foreigners front man Lou Graham. Which is a fab cheesy 80's song with a cool music video! 

Drink
Vive Lemon~Aldi 95c
I have been really enjoying a glass of Aive cloudy lemon with lots of ice
which is great for cooling down the past week with the hot weather we have been having,
it is also very very nice with gin...my new tipple of choice!

Vlogger
This Mama Life
I love this Scottish Mum Sarah she has one daughter and one baby on the way
Her husband has recently been deployed and she has started up deployment diaries for her hubby.
I love the various videos she does from day in the life, hauls, pregnancy updates, what my toddler eats and reviews.

Store
H&M
I am loving H&M at the moment there sales in-store and online is amazing
I have bought a few goodies for myself and Oisìn this week from there

So that's my favourites for this week
Now someone pass the prosecco it's finally FRIDAY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment Paul & I really appreciate them.

You can also get in touch with us at mrslfurey101@gmail.com

Thanks The Furey Follies

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com