Monday 10 October 2016

Over The Weekend 50&51

I have been MIA from this blog the past few weeks
I had alot on with my Mam's Birthday and then my brother's 10th Anniversary
While I am still in a bit of a change of seasons slump
While I back to reading and watching my favourite TV shows I still seem to be feeling
a bit meh in myself.
Hubby and I are having a bit of a treat the end of this week
Oisìn is having a sleep over in his Grandparents and we are going for a meal and to see a show
I am really looking forward to some quality time with the hubby

Anyway two weekends ago it was my Mam's birthday
I brought her out for a meal and it was a bit of a ladies night!
It was lovely to spend time together just the two of us
 That Saturday was the All Ireland GAA Football final rematch with Dublin and Mayo
It was a tight match but Dublin won and it reminded me of this picture of my brother
He loved Dublin and went to alot of the matches but he died before Dublin started there winning streak. So he never got to see the team he loves so much raise the Sam, but I know he was smiling down on Croke Park

I always wear Patrick's Dublin jersey when Dublin are in the final. 
Oisìn asked to wear this time so I let him and he was so pleased
but it did look like an over sized nightie on him!

That Sunday it was ten years since this funny face left us
It did hit me a little hard that morning I had some time out listening to his favourite songs.
I really missed him it's funny how even after ten years it can feel like yesterday
He was a beautiful gentle soul and the world is a little bit darker and harsh without him 

 We had a family dinner at ours that Sunday it was a day to spend with family
We raised a glass of Patrick and spoke about the good times with him
When my parents had gone home Paul and I watched our Sunday night favourites
Poldark and Victoria

 After a illness filled week this was very much needed Friday night
Oisìn & I have been filled with cold and hubby had a chest and sinus infection
So it was nice to chill out with a glass of vino and watch Gogglebox

On Saturday I got some of the Halloween bits down
Oisìn was slightly scared but came around and now loves talking to the pumpkin!

Speaking of Oisìn he seems to be going through a funny stage
He has been lashing out in creche and at home
He has regressed in potty training and it feels like we are starting again with toilet training
I think moving into the older room in creche has set him back a bit
This Mammy needed alot of patience this weekend with tantrums and wetting accidents!

A last minute family Sunday roast happened which was really nice
I love having my parents for dinner and Sunday really is our family day
Bubbles, candles and Poldark finished off our weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment Paul & I really appreciate them.

You can also get in touch with us at mrslfurey101@gmail.com

Thanks The Furey Follies

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com