Tuesday 11 October 2016

The Autumn Book Tag


1) Are there any books you plan on reading over the Autumn season?
I do TBR's every month but I am not very strict with them. I like to read at least three books from my TBR every month and then one or two that I just pick up.
I do want to read some Anne Rice in October, Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon in November
The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah this month, The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton and Queen of The Night by Chee Alexander in the next couple of months. I also want to re-read Phantom by Susan Kay, Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, and Little Women by Louisa May Scott in the Autumn time.

2) September brings back to school memories: what book did you most enjoy studying? And what were your favourite and least favourite school subjects?
My first book I remember really enjoying in school was Carrie's War by Nina Bawden. I think I studied it in the few couple of years of secondary school. It started my love for historical fiction which has continued throughout my life.
My favourite subjects where English and History no surprise there!
My least favourite was Maths I HATED it!

3) October means Halloween: do you enjoy scary books and films? If so what are some of your favourites?
I do like horror movies and books, but I am VERY picky about the type of horror I watch and read!
I do love vampires but NOT Twilight! I like Victoria era horrors IE Frankenstein, The Woman In Black, Dracula, The Turn of The Screw and The Woman In White are some of my favourites.
Horror movies I am picky about too! I am not into slasher movies some of my favourite horror movies are Interview With A Vampire, The Wolfman, Fright Night, American Werewolf in London, Bram Stoker's Dracula, and The Lost Boys

4) With November it's time for bonfire night & firework displays. What's the most exciting book you've read that really kept you gripped?
Although I didn't love the book Girl On The Train had me gripped when I read it last Summer
Also Dragonfly In Amber had me gripped with all the twists and turns I love that book!

5) What book is your favourite cosy comfort read?
I have a few cosy reads most of them are classics but at Christmas time I do love a good chick lit to get me feeling cosy! Chick Lit isn't my favourite reading genre but when done right it can make you feel all warm inside feeling lovely and cosy. A few of my favourites are A Very Big House In The Country, You And Me Always, Twelve Days Of Christmas and What Would Mary Berry Do?
But my two favourite ever cosy reads are Little Women by Louisa May Scott and The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett

6) Curled up with a good book, what is your hot drink of choice?
In the morning times I love a good cup of coffee while reading. I love Costa coffee so that would be my ideal choice but most of the time I also enjoy a cup of tea. I am not into different times of tea only breakfast tea and peppermint tea I have a cute little tea pot for when I enjoy a cup of peppermint. Coming into the colder months I also really enjoy a cup of hot chocolate while snuggling with a blanket and a book

7) Any plans you're looking forward to over the next few months?
I am going to see a musical this week with the hubby so looking forward to that.
I am also looking forward to doing Halloween this year with Oisìn this is the first year he has asked to dress up as some one he wants to be The Hulk which should be fun. This year Halloween falls on a bank holiday in Ireland we are going to have a fun spooky long weekend. We are hoping to pop into Dublin city centre the weekend of Halloween to join in with some of the family fun activities.
Then we have my best friend's baby son's christening which I am looking forward too
At the end of the month my Mam, cousin and I are going to see ballet The Nutcracker which will be a lovely ladies day out and will bring us into December nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment Paul & I really appreciate them.

You can also get in touch with us at mrslfurey101@gmail.com

Thanks The Furey Follies

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com