Thursday 20 October 2016

Song Of The Week


This week has been sponsered by the song.....

Storms-Fleetwood Mac
Fleetwood Mac's Tusk album for me is another one that I love to play in the Autumn time
My favourite songs on that album are mostly Stevie Nick's beautiful haunting songs, Angel, Sisters of the Moon, Beautiful Child and this haunting poem Storms are some of my favourite Fleetwood Mac songs ever. 
When I was 15/16 I learn the guitar by ear by playing the guitar over and over again in my bedroom! It got to the stage that my parents bought me a pair of cordless ear phones to plug into my guitar so they didn't have to listen to an awful tuned gutiar, the wrong cords and the caterwauling of my 16 year old self trying to be Stevie!
 This was also for me a song about my first love, over that summer I had my first taste of love he was alot older than then me. By the Autumn the relationship has fizzled out and was over. I poured my heart into learning these songs. Storms and Beautiful Child remind me so much of that time, even now sometimes when I hear them I can remember so clearly how heartbroken I was.
If I was to get the many lyrics I love of Stevie Nick's songs tattooed on me I would be covered!
Yet there something about these lyrics from Storms
"Never ever been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm'
These lyrics seem to sum me up although I have mellowed a bit. I always seemed to be a bit of a storm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment Paul & I really appreciate them.

You can also get in touch with us at mrslfurey101@gmail.com

Thanks The Furey Follies

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com