Wednesday 14 October 2015

On The Box This Week

Warning-TV Spoilers Ahead!

Last week I shed tears as my favourite Nadiya won The Bake Off
I was a bit gutted for Ian as he put his heart and soul into his unusual bakes.
Nadiya had a cracker of a weekend her final three bakes
just out classed the other two finalists
What I would of given to try those iced buns last Wednesday
(and no I'm not talking about Paul Hollywood ones)
Her showstopper of her Wedding Cake was amazing
and a little emotional as she said this is the cake I would of
like to have on my Wedding Day!
We watched her confidence grown as the weeks went on, when 
she was announced the winner, she cried, her family cried
Mary Berry cried and then we all cried!! 

I settled down with my glass of bubbles to
watch my favourite Sunday night treat Downton Abbey
This week's episode was less filled than last week which was full of special events
Tom is back and wondering what will he do now that Mary is looking after
the Downton Estate
The dashing racing car driver Mr Talbot is back!
He is handsome, polite and swims in the right circles but for me I just don't feel it
I am secretly hoping he is not the man for Mary!
I rather the chemistry Charles Blake and Mary had
or dare I say it the chemistry between Tom and Mary!
Baxter's past came back to haunt her this week
The police in Downton must be really busy with all the going's on with the Downton servants!!
Lovely Gwen (from the very first season) was back to take
lunch with the family, six years ago she was the one serving lunch to the family
as Thomas was quick to point out! Thomas was back on form as evil as ever!
Daisy has been more brash this session (tbh she is starting to annoy me)
she confronted her Ladyship about the farm this week luckily for her she didn't lose
her job and her Father-in law got the farm
My favourite quotes this week were:
"You couldn’t be harder on those potatoes if you wanted to make them confess to spying"
~Mrs Patmore to Daisy
“A monkey will type out the Bible if you leave it long enough.”
~Mary being nasty to Edith

The Walking Dead returned (Sunday in US) this Monday night
and I managed to stay away from the online spoilers all that day
I was so glad I did because this was a cracker of a season premier
Maybe not as fast paced as last year's one but I'm glad of that as
Season 5 failed to keep up that pace as it went on
Episode 1 of season 6 was extended to 90 minutes but for me
it went by so quick
We saw flash backs in black and white of what happened
after the season 5 finale,
which was a great way to tell between the flash backs
and present day it also was a good way to build up the tension
until we see the quarry of walkers!
Rick had a plan to get the walkers out of the quarry and
away from the community but with Rick's actions in the last season
still playing on peoples minds not everyone was quick to agree to it
Rick's plan was flawed but was working until someone or something
set off a very loud horn very near the community
Will we find out who that was next week? Who knows?!
I have high hopes for this season and am hoping the season
will be better than lasts, more of a slow burning with the
zombies more of a threat than past sessions. Will we finally know if
Wolves are near?

The season premier of The Flash was set six months after the last
episode with Barry Allen now working alone as he
blames himself over the death of his friend Ronnie
He seems to met his match in Atom-Smasher who has extra strength
when he is near toxin waste
The Flash soon realises he needs his friends help to fight this baddie
Barry is left a memory stick from past friend and villain Harrison Wells
who finally after 14 years confesses to the murder of Barry's Mother
Which would finally free Barry's Father from prison
With the gang back together and his Father out of prison
things finally seem to be going well for The Flash
Until that is a strange newcomer appears at Star Labs called Jay Garrick
My husband was delighted with this as he is a total geek and knows who Mr Garrick is!
I don't so I am hoping I will enjoy where this goes this season

So that's what we watching on the box this week
Glad that Autumn is back along with some great telly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment Paul & I really appreciate them.

You can also get in touch with us at mrslfurey101@gmail.com

Thanks The Furey Follies

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com