Wednesday 6 January 2016

On The Box This Week

We have been enjoying alot of period drama this week on TV
Here is what we watched!

BBC drama Dickensian has been a hit in our house over the Christmas time
With a who done it murder mystery of Jacob Marley
I am enjoying seeing the different Dickens characters intertwined and the acting has been amazing
but the scheduling for me has been a problem while it's lovely to see the snow covered streets
of Dickens's London at Christmas time I'm not sure it will have the same appeal in the long weeks of January. We are only on episode six of twenty! It started with a bang I hope it doesn't end with a whimper!

We tuned into the new big BBC drama War and Peace on Sunday
I have read the mammoth book and had high hopes for this drama
but for me it fell a little flat. The first episode of course sets the scenes for much of the drama to come but for me this episode dragged. Hubby asked was this meant to be Russia as it all seemed a little Jane Austen England! I will keep watching as I'm a big fan of Stephen Rea and Lily James hopefully it will pick up the pace next week

Another period drama we watched on Sunday night was RTE drama Rebellion
The first of programmes marking the 1916 centenary
It tells of three female friends the involvement in the 1916 rising and how it
effects their family and friends. I was really impressed by this homegrown drama
the acting and actors where very good, especially Charlie Murphy, Brian Glesson and Sarah Greene
Really looking forward to the next episode. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment Paul & I really appreciate them.

You can also get in touch with us at mrslfurey101@gmail.com

Thanks The Furey Follies

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com