Sunday 10 January 2016

The Year That Was 2015

Another year over and since becoming a parent
the time just seems to be going so fast
I have to admit going into this new year I feel a bit
anxious I have never felt like that before
but I am a little nervous as to what 2016 will hold for us
I have a feeling it will be a time of change
as we are not sure if will be renewing our house for another year
and I am still sick with my twisted bowel so am hoping
that this will not drag on long into the new year
As a new year looks like a page unwritten
let look back on the full year of 2015

January- This not my favourite month of the year, bleak dark January days
Trying to shed the Christmas weight with empty bank balances! That said the past two years
January has been a nice month. Looking back Oisín looks so little and was going through a sock phase where he carried around a different sock for comfort. This month was spent eating comfort food, Sunday lunches with family, curling up lighting candles watching my favourite Sunday night shows.  

February- I think we went a little stir crazy in Feb, the weather was freezing and
we where still getting our finances back on track after Christmas.
My friends and I went to see 50 shades of cringe this month and had a nice
girlie night with cocktails. It was also hubby's birthday this month
we enjoyed a lovely night out and a huge birthday dinner in my parents
It was also the month that Oisín finally got up and started walking!

March- This month was full of family time
We has lots of lovely family dinners, we had snow which Oisín was in awe off!
We had St Patrick's Day which was lots of fun and also Mother's Day in this month
Spring came in late March with the promise of brighter days

April- We had lots of lovely chocolate eggs for Easter
and my diet went out the window!
My friend got married this month and we had
a lovely time at the wedding

May- This was a nice month with a few nights out
at the theater with my parents and friends
We enjoyed an early bit of Summer with walks in the park,
swimming and playing in our garden

June- What a crazy busy month! My best friends
hen do was this month. Along with my Dad's birthday
Father's day and then at the end of the month
we flew out to Croatia to see our friends
get married and enjoy our first family holiday!

July- This was another crazy month
we finished our lovely holiday in Croatia
I started a detox to get bridesmaid ready for
my best friends wedding. I took a break from blogging
as I had so much going on! My favourite day of the year
was my best friends Wedding day when I was Bridesmaid
and Oisín was pageboy

August- Was a quite month after the madness of the past
few month. I went crazy and got the tattoo I wanted on my foot
Tir Na Nóg for my Oisín

September- One of my favourite months of the year
We celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary
I enjoyed a few shopping spree's after losing some weight
in Slimming World and we had a lovely time for my Mam's Birthday


October- Not my favourite month as it was my brother's 9th anniversary
but Oisin helped me get through it and he loved Halloween
After weeks of worrying if he wouldn't enjoy it
he had a great time dressing up and getting sweets
Our cute little pumpkin!

November- I tried to get Christmas ready in November
It was the month to enjoy Autumn going on long walks
making homemade soup, drinking hot chocolate and getting cosy!

December- I really enjoyed the start of this month. 
Seeing Oisín's eyes light up when he saw our Christmas tree
to bringing him on the Rathwood Santa Tree and our day
out to see the Christmas lights. I also really enjoyed my SW Christmas party
getting cosy while watching Christmas movies
but it was also the month my bowel twisted and I ended up in hospital
I was in pain over the Christmas time but it didn't stop me enjoying
seeing our little boy's face on Christmas morning
It was a month filled with birthdays too, mine, my father in law's and Oisín
we all had a little celebration in my parent in laws on the 26th which was fun

2015 you have been one of our busiest and fun years 
2016 please be good to us and lets see what you have in store!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment Paul & I really appreciate them.

You can also get in touch with us at mrslfurey101@gmail.com

Thanks The Furey Follies

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com