Saturday 9 January 2016

This Month I Have Been Mostly Reading - December

I have read an awful lot of festive chic lit this month! Normally I am not a huge chick lit fan I read an odd one here and there but at Christmas it's different I want happy ending that I can see coming from the first pages! I love reading the cute endings with twists and turns. I can feel the snow, taste the Christmas goodies so here are the festive treats I read this month


Twelve Days of Christmas - Trisha Ashley
Last month I read a book by Ashely that I didn't enjoy that much but I have read other books of her that I liked...this one I LOVED!! It's on my favourite Christmas book list now and one I will go back to each Christmas.
It tells the story of Holly Brown due to her being widowed and raised by her strict religious Grandmother she has stopped celebrating Christmas. She prefers to be alone and takes a house sitting job in a remote pare of Lancashire, of course things don't go to plan at all. Instead of being alone she finds herself with a house full of guests and a tall dark brooding home owner!
The cover is so festive and from the first pages it really got me in the Christmas mood!
I also really liked how it didn't end at Christmas Day the story when on all over the festive period into the New Year. This book made me drooling for some of the amazing recipes that Holly made!! It really did transport me into the amazing big old house beside a roaring fire, looking out at the snow, eating mince pies with a glass of fizz!! I really liked each of the characters once I started I found the book hard to put down. I could see how the how it was going to end but I really enjoyed getting there!


 How To Stuff Up Christmas-Rose Blake
I started this book at the start of December but it took me a couple of weeks to finish, as I put it down a few times
It's about Eve who has found out her fiance is cheating on her she can't bare to be around
the joys of Christmas so she decides to spend it alone on a boat house, where she meets handsome Greg.
I did find this book funny and was smiling at some of Eve's thoughts and conversations but I struggled to get into this book and Blake's style of writing. The love story felt a little rushed and I thought Eve and Greg over thought everything. I didn't feel that the characters had much chemistry together. In total it's an okay book but I wouldn't be reading it again soon!


Meet Me Under The Mistletoe - Abbey Clements
My last book on Christmas and of 2015! I read this while I was stuck in
hospital the week before Christmas and I did enjoy it, I actually read it in two days!
It's about two childhood friends Laurie and Rachel who have two very different lives
Laurie lives in London and is very much a career woman, Rachel lives in her little chocolate box cottage in Yorkshire. Each woman is having problems in there lives, Rachel's mother gets very ill plus her marriage looks like it's going to break down. Laurie is trying to forget the man who has broken her heart. When Rachel's mother needs treatment in London a house swap seems like a good idea to the two women.
I really enjoyed this book, I found both characters very likable and I got into this book from the first page. I enjoyed the ending I always love when chic lit ends differently to what I expect. I did have a lump in my throat at some of the chapters. This book got me through my hospital stay and I will be reading more of Abbey Clements this year!


Outlander Colouring Book
I have been enjoying colouring this book since Christmas day
Hubby surprised me with this book as he knows how much of a huge fan
I am of the Outlander series and of adult colouring books!

What Oisín has been reading this month


Santa Claus Is Coming To Dublin -Steve Smallman
Oisín really enjoyed reading this book over the festive period
He loved the pictures of Santa Clause flying over Dublin's landmarks
Glad we bought this for him as it's a book we will be taking out
and enjoying every Christmas

What did you read over the month of December?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment Paul & I really appreciate them.

You can also get in touch with us at mrslfurey101@gmail.com

Thanks The Furey Follies

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com