Wednesday 27 January 2016

On The Box This Week

Since I have been unwell
I seem to be watching so much TV!

Warning-TV Spoilers Ahead!

We are still watching this show but have took to Sky Plus-ing it
because the BBC seems not to want to show it much love in the scheduling department
(it has been dropped because of football, starting times have changed
 and it's now changed to a different day)
It would fit a 7.30/8pm Saturday and Sunday evening slot but it gets lost
in its mid week slot which is a shame as the plot is really coming together
What an evil man Compeyson is and it's really the making of Miss Havisham back story from Great Expectations, I am really enjoying this storyline as Expectations is my favourite Dickens book. Pauline Collins is really standing out as the gin drinking Mrs Gamp, and I am enjoying seeing the Bill and Nancy relationship develop. As for who killed Marley I still haven't a clue!

Another drama that I seem to be forgetting about due to scheduling
I am used to watching the past three seasons on a Sunday
Friday nights I forget this is on thank goodness for Sky Plus!
Harry is resting after his fall but doesn't seem to want to pass some of
his duties to his son (really wish he would when you know what's coming!)
Lady Mae agrees to stay and help with ladies fashion but Harry thinks he knows best
has has the Dolly sisters help out! 

One of my favourite shows is back Call The Midwife
Although I have to admit I am missing some of the
original cast Jessica Raine and Miranda Hart especially
This episode was mostly about change, work is slowing down at the
docks which was once bustling with people, baby formula is starting
to become all the rage and at the end of the episode Sister Evangelina leaves
Nonnatus House maybe for good?
Barbara the newest midwife is set her biggest case as she
tries to deliver a baby early so that the baby's dying Father can see
him once before he passes away.
This episode had me reaching for the tissues and
when the baby's Father sees his son and says "I want to stay" before he
dies was heartbreaking.
I love this show and although all is changing in the world of
Call The Midwife long may it continue on our screens.

We tuned into episode 4 of Rebellion
Dublin city is in ruins and the rebels are forced to surrender
The scene where Thomas Clarke was stripped naked by army troops
was quite hard to watch, Yet again Brian Gleeson performance was amazing
as he is told by fellow rebel Micheal Collins to keep his eyes down and
give the impression he is nothing but a worthless rebel.
I love how well written this show is and the acting is first class.
We will tune in Sunday for the last episode.
Would love if RTE followed up this series next year following the characters into
The War of Independent 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment Paul & I really appreciate them.

You can also get in touch with us at mrslfurey101@gmail.com

Thanks The Furey Follies

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com