Thursday 3 March 2016

30 Days of Music - Week 1

Lovely Emily over at Family Four Fun
done these fab music posts last month
and I had every intention of linking in and joining these posts
but illness and sickness filled our little house last month
and I never go round to doing it so I thought
for the month of March giving it a go
So here is my 30 Days of Music

A Song From My Childhood.....

Kylie Minogue I Should Be So Lucky
Wow I remember rewinding this song so much that I broke the cassette tape!
I was that seven year old with blonde pigtails who adored Kylie Minogue
dancing around my parents kitchen to this song!
I also have a strong memory of a hot summer's day with the paddling pool out and
my Mam bringing out the old battery cassette player and playing this song
while we ate ice creams!

A Song You Heard Again For The First Time In Years.....

Shakespeare's Sister Stay
I heard this in the car this morning for the first time in ages
 and can't get it out of my head
This another one that I sang into my hair brush and danced around the house to!
Plus loved the French & Saunders sketch!

A Song That You & Your Sibling Listened To....

Bob Marley Three Little Birds
My brother loved Bob Marley so we listened to him a lot growing up
Three Little Birds was one of his favourites and after he died I heard it everywhere
I would put the radio on and it was on, go into shops and it would come on
It was in films and TV shows. I literally would hear it everywhere
and I like to think it was my brother's message to me

A Song That Reminds You Of Your Parents....

Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton Islands In The Stream
This is my parents party piece! They sing together at every party
and even at my wedding!
 It's actually the only song that my Dad can remember
all the words to!!

A Song That Makes You Happy.....

Fleetwood Mac Gypsy 
My favourite band ever! It's also my Dad's favourite Fleetwood Mac song
This song makes me happy when it plays I can't help but sing and dance along
I have heard it sung live twice and it's even more beautiful live
It's also my favourite Fleetwood Mac music video it's a work of art
I love this song so much that my next tattoo will be lyrics from this song

A Song That Makes You Sad.....

Tracy Chapman The Promise
The song that played at my brother's funeral
I haven't listened to it in such a long time
It's such a beautiful song with a beautiful message
But's it makes my heart ache

A Song That's Just "Your Song"......

Fleetwood Mac Rhiannon
This is MY song! This is the song that made me a Fleetwood Mac fan
 Ask my hubby what's Lisa's song 
and he would immediately say Rhiannon
It has been my song since I first heard it when I was 16
I have heard it live four times and it's amazing live
I must play this song about 100 times a week, 
it goes on if I'm happy, sad, or just need something to listen to
I love the studio version but this is my all time favourite
The crazy wild bit from Stevie at the end is also very "me"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment Paul & I really appreciate them.

You can also get in touch with us at mrslfurey101@gmail.com

Thanks The Furey Follies

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com