Friday 24 June 2016

Living With Chronic Pain

This week has been tough....hell this month has been tough..wait a minute actually this whole year so far has been tough!
I have a few different illnesses PCOS, Endometriois, IBS and Epiploic Appendagitis which individually I can deal with but together knock me for six!
The past two weeks have been especially bad as I have a flare up with my IBS,  twisted bowel and Endometriois which has left me in alot of pain and bed ridden.
I also found out last month that the cysts on my left ovary has got bigger which has me in alot of pain.
I am currently waiting on the results of more tests, while also waiting to go back to the hospital next week for more tests and CT Scans
Living with chronic pain is a constant up hill battle, so far this year I have lost count of the amount of tests, scans and appoinments I have had! I feel like am living in my bed as I'm either exhasusted from fatguie or in so much pain. I have cancelled so many plans, girl nights out, dinners, lunches and family days out as I can't move due to pain. I have bought Oisìn toys to back up for the fact that most of the time I am in too much pain or so exhausted to do much with him. Which leads to a whole load of guilt on my part which is another post in itself.
Thank goodness for childcare, his wonderful Daddy and Grandparents
I have finished up in my job where I have been for five years and while it had its up and downs I did enjoy my job. Due to my chronic pain I have had to give up work for the foreseeable future as most days I can hardly manage to get out of bed never mind head to a desk in an office!
The fact that all my chronic pain is due to invisible illnesses PCOS, Endometriois, IBS and the twist in my bowel are not something people see and only my close family and friends really understand the pain I am in. What really bothers me is when people think oh Endometriois sure that's like PMS! Time it by 100 and you might be on the right track!
Some days are worse than others, some days I can get out of bed and feel semi normal, good days I can play with my little boy, go to the park and do family days out. I love those days because they remind me of a time last year when I could function normally and enjoy life. When I could deal with my illnesses individually, when I wasn't taking pain relief and a course of different tablets each day, when I didn't spent most of my time in doctor or hospital waiting rooms, or in bed asleep.
No matter what, I believe, I will get back to that normality, it might not be today, next week or even next year but I will get there. 
I will get back to being me
Today is a bad day but there is always tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment Paul & I really appreciate them.

You can also get in touch with us at mrslfurey101@gmail.com

Thanks The Furey Follies

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com