Friday 3 June 2016

Song of the Week

This week is sponsered by the song...

Dreamboat Annie-Heart

Sometimes I think I was born into the wrong era! I love 70's music especially women fronted bands like Jefferson Airplane, Heart and Fleetwood Mac. So when I discovered Heart back when I was a teenager I was so in love with this sister fronted band. I love there mellow rock sound of the 70's and there more pop rock sound of the 80's
This song is one of my favourite it's from there album of the same name which 40 years ago made them stars in America. While they aren't as big in Europe and haven't done the huge sell out shows across the world like Fleetwood Mac I still really enjoy there music and would love to see them live.
Like so many artists of the 1970's this band like Fleetwood Mac broke the mold and had two females fronting the band, in a industry that was male oriented this was a huge thing and would lead on in the 80's to having all women rock and pop groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment Paul & I really appreciate them.

You can also get in touch with us at mrslfurey101@gmail.com

Thanks The Furey Follies

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com