Saturday 25 June 2016

The Coffee Book Tag!

I love coffee and I love books so here is a fun tag that brings them together in one post!

Black: Name A Book That's Tough To Get In To But Has Hardcore Fans

Game of Thrones - Song of Fire & Ice Series
While I really enjoyed this series and recently finished all the current books in the series
(come on George RR Martin we are waiting!!)
It did take me a long time to get into the first book
RR Martin's style of writing really threw me and took me a long time to get used too
It took me a few weeks to finish the first book in the series but by the time
I was half way through A Clash of Kings I was hooked and went on to savour each book

Peppermint Mocha: Name A Book That Gets Popular During The Winter Or Festive Season
A Christmas Carol
I read this book every Christmas time and always enjoy it
Plus I love to watch all the different screen adaptations at Christmas too!

Hot Chocolate: What Is Your Favourite Children's Book?
The BFG
This was a childhood classic for me and I have great memories of my Dad
reading this to me at night time before bed
Something about a friendly Giant who blows sweets dreams in your head
really caught my little imagination!
I will one day read it to my son

Double Shot Of Espresso: A Book That Kept You On The Edge Of Your Seat From Start To Finish
From the very first pages this book just had me hooked! Sure it takes a little detour and gets slights bogged down in some of the Paris chapters but for me that first chapter just grabbed me and I went with it. It had me crying, laughing and turning the pages to see what happened next to our hero's!

Starbucks: A Book You See Everywhere
The Fault In Our Stars
This book is still everywhere, I see it in shops, on social media and on youtube
I haven't read it or seen the movie and to be honest its not something I want to read or watch!

That Hipster Coffee Shop: A Book By An Indie Author 
Who Is Faye?
While I really hated the cover and title of this book. I really enjoyed the book itself, I had never heard of the author Fran O'Brien and she doesn't seem to be huge yet her writing and characters are amazing. She is a very underrated author and all her proceeds from her books go the the LauraLynn hospice for sick children.

Oops I Accidentally Got Decaf: Name A Book You Where Expecting More From
The Secret Keeper
I really love Kate Morton but this book was a huge let down for me
Way too long with a story that took forever to pick up, unlikable lead characters and a meh ending!

The Perfect Blend: A Book Or Series That Was Both Bitter & Sweet
Outlander Series
While I am only half way through the third book Voyager in this series
so far these book have been just that bitter and sweet
The sweet is the beautiful relationship between Claire and Jamie
The bitter all the other stuff that happens to them!! Heartbreaking time travelling, Black Jack, Jacobite War, losing Faith and lots lots more!!

Green Tea: A Book Or Series That Is Quietly Beautiful
The Other Daughter
A book that was beautiful and stayed with me for a long time after reading it

Chai Tea: A Book Or Series That Made You Dream Of Far Off Places
Lord Of The Rings Series
Whether it was the shire, or the misty mountains Middle Earth always made me think of far off lands

Earl Grey: A Favourite Classic
Wuthering Heights
Whether you know it or not alot of modern books take the different themes from this book
but it's the original that holds a special place in my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment Paul & I really appreciate them.

You can also get in touch with us at mrslfurey101@gmail.com

Thanks The Furey Follies

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com