Sunday 22 December 2013

Christmas Favourites Week 4

My Christmas Favourites Week 4:

My Favourite Christmas Decoration Of The Week:


This is my favourite decoration this week. My Nanny's Toy Solider that only has one arm now! I have lots of memories of this hanging on my Nanny's retro Christmas Tree with multicoloured lights with huge shades and decorations she made herself! Then after she passed away my Mam had it on our family tree for years. When I moved out I asked for it as it had so many memories for me. This year we didn't put up our 8ft Christmas tree as it would of took to much out of me, as I am one of those people who's Christmas tree has to be prefect and at nine months pregnant I just wasn't up for it! Instead we took a lend of one of my Mam's many tree's a five foot fibre optic tree but of course I still put the one armed toy solider on the tree!

My Favourite Christmas Tradition Of The Week:

  
I am not so sure if this is a Christmas tradition as it is so much as a birthday tradition for my birthday! My birthday is on Christmas Eve so every year we have a family night out for it, a meal and a few drinks. This year it was just me and Paul out for lunch at Jamie Oliver's restaurant and no drinks for me!! It was lovely and I really enjoyed it. Thanks to the hubby!

My Favourite Christmas Movie Of The Week:


My all time Christmas movie I just love It's A Wonderful Life! Everyone knows the story so I will not go into it but it gives a wonderful message for Christmas.

My Favourite Christmas TV Special Of The Week:

Can't beat Father Ted's Christmas special we watched this on Saturday night and I had a sneaky piece of chocolate cake!

My Favourite Christmas Song Of The Week:
This is my favourite Christmas song Fairytale of New York, maybe it's because we all know someone who is half way around the world at Christmas, or we think of some who has passed away and can't be with us at Christmas. Whatever it is I always sing along to this song and I love the video for it.

Hope you liked my favourites of the past four weeks. We wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment Paul & I really appreciate them.

You can also get in touch with us at mrslfurey101@gmail.com

Thanks The Furey Follies

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com