Monday 10 December 2012

My Favourite Christmas Decorations

My Favourite Christmas Decorations
 
This weekend allot of my neighbours, friends and family put up there Christmas decorations. I had mine up since the 30th November but I am a self confessed Christmas nut! Anyhow I love the twinkle of lights, the assortment of Santa's, snowman and reindeer in every ones windows and gardens. I thought I would share my favourite decorations and little story's that come with some of them.
 
The One Armed Toy Solider he is one of the first decorations I put on my tree he was my Granny's, then my Mammy's and now mine. Of course he didn't originally only have one arm, he lost one along the way! He reminds me a bit of the Nutcracker and when I look at him I remember time in my Nanny's when I was a child and dreaming of Christmas. He may not look much but I treasure him.

Not so much a decoration but a small picture of my first visit to Santa. I love this picture and wish I had one of Paul's first trip to see Santa. My Mam loved to bring us to see Santa even when we got too old and didn't want to go!

Teddy on a rocking chair with lots of presents. This one is very special to me it was one of the last Christmas presents my brother got me. He bought it for me a couple of years before he passed away. It holds so many lovely memories for me and when I look at it I am reminded of our Christmas's as children and the excitement we would have. It also reminds me that to enjoy Christmas with love ones and family.

This lovely tree decoration was bought for us last Christmas from my lovely friend Michelle. She is really thoughtful like that. I hope to have this for years and to be reminded of our wedding day and our first Christmas as Mr & Mrs when I look at it.

We bought this lovely decoration in New York last year I love anything to do with the Nativity it also has a little light which lights up the holy family.

This beautiful crystal angel is all the way from my cousin in Utah. It is another tree decoration that I hope to have for years.

This is a brand new addition to our collection I love this modern take on a wreath the snowman are so cute and one has cute dangle legs! Hope to have this for many years to come!

Finally this is our Mexican take on the Nativity scene we bought this while on honeymoon in Mexico last year and I thought it would be lovely to have a different take on the Nativity.
 
Hope you like our favourite Christmas decorations. What is your favourite Christmas piece you have?


1 comment:

  1. This is a lovely idea for a post :)
    Our tree is full of memories like yours, i don't like trees that match too much the more colourful and miss matching the better lol.
    We have a Robin that has been on the tree for as long as i can remember, he is starting to fall apart so we have to be extra gentle with him.
    We have lots of my nan and grandads bauble's that are really retro and vintage i love them!
    We also have a couple of homemade baubles and a cracker that goes on the tree too.
    We've also got a star that hangs on the tree which is from when i moved into my university apartment, it's very pretty pink, gold and purple.
    Take care
    Vanessa
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment Paul & I really appreciate them.

You can also get in touch with us at mrslfurey101@gmail.com

Thanks The Furey Follies

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com