Thursday 17 October 2013

What I Ate Thursday

Hey everyone this is my first What I Ate Thursday on my new diet for gestational diabetes. I am slowly getting used to the diet and taking my sugar levels five times a day! The main changes to my diet is to snack more I was leaving too much time without eating in between meals, so I was getting major trapped wind and ingestion! I also have to cut out sugar and sweet things. So here is what I ate today:

Breakfast - 7am
Breakfast this morning was a boiled egg with one piece of granary toast and a cup of tea to take my prenatal tablet with.

Snack - 10am
First snack of the day was two small mandarin oranges I love this fruit and had major cravings for these at the start of my pregnancy! 

Lunch - 1pm
Lunch was a granary bread sandwich with lettuce, tomato, cheese and ham, with a bottle of water. 

Snack - 4pm
Second snack of the day was a low fat strawberry yogurt. I have to be careful with yogurts and always check the labels to make sure the are not overloaded with sugar.

Dinner - 7pm
Paul made this yummy dinner! We had mince beef left over from yesterdays dinner and I wasn't sure what to do with it. Paul thought up this mince beef, sausage, mushroom and tomato sauce pasta bake. It was lovely and just what I need to warm me up on a cold night! Paul had a glass of wine with his I had a glass of water!

Snack - 10pm
Last snack of the night was this no added sugar small pot of strawberry jelly such a child's snack but I like it and its not to heavy late at night.

So that's I ate little and often is what I have been told to do!
What did you eat?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment Paul & I really appreciate them.

You can also get in touch with us at mrslfurey101@gmail.com

Thanks The Furey Follies

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com